Picking an engagement ring can be stressful. I feel that finding a unique ring that references something about your relationship or the individual you are purchasing it for means more than the size or monetary value. For all those that are having trouble picking out the perfect ring, I've got some tips and ring suggestions. And let's not forget about presentation, I've thrown in my suggestions for lovely ring boxes and tips for rings if you are proposing to a fella as well!
1. Forget gender norms! If you want to purpose to your boyfriend, go for it. Find a ring that matches his personality and pop the question.
2. Don't limit yourself to just diamonds. Some ladies do not think diamonds are their best friend and might prefer a stone in their favorite color like an emerald. A pearl or white sapphire can also make for great alternatives!
3. Sneak around in their jewelry box. Peruse through her jewelry to get an idea of what her style is. Is there a lot of bling? Get her a sparkly ring. Does she have more gold or more silver pieces? If she has more than the other that probably means she has a preference and you should follow it. Are her pieces minimal or no jewelry at all? Go for a simple ring.
4. Consider proportion and think about the size of their hand. For example, I have very small hands (we're talking a size 4 ring). If they have small hands as well they might prefer a more demure ring, like a simple solitaire or a slim band. On the reverse side if they have larger hands you may want to get a ring in proportion to them, like a bigger stone or a wider band.
5. Don't go into debt. There's that saying that you should spend a certain percentage of your salary on an engagement ring. Well, I disagree. Below are rings in all different price points from several hundred to several thousand. Spend what you are comfortable with and save the rest to go on an amazing trip with your newly betrothed!
Here's my suggestions!
For more rings and boxes head over to my Pinterest board.